Yes, that’s right fan girls and boys! Chibi-Pa has its very own Fan Fiction Writing Contest this year, and you can be a part of it. Excited? Yeah, we knew you’d be. Compete with other fan fiction writers for title and glory. Show off your skills and you could win prizes and a chance to present an excerpt of your work (if you want). Think you have what it takes to be a champion? Send us your work by October 1, 2012. Submissions will not be accepted after that date. No exceptions!
Before you do that, check out the rules. They are important. You want your submission to count, don’t you?
- All submissions must be the original work of the entrant (you). This means that you are the author of the fan fic you submit. You did not take it from someone else.
- In order to ensure that you are the true author of the work, we ask that you refrain from posting your fan fic on the Internet until after November 18, 2012.
- If you have already posted your work online, you must authenticate that it was you who posted the work online and that you are the true author by October 1, 2012. To do this, please indicate in your submission the link where your fan fic is at. We will then work with you to confirm your fan fic’s authenticity.
- Only one submission per person or group is allowed. Additional entries will not be considered for an award.
- The Entry Form must be completed in full. Without all the necessary information, we cannot consider you for an award.
- No one under the age of 18 will be considered for the Adult Fan Fiction Award. It is what it is. Sorry.
- You must be present at the Fan Fiction Writing Contest event during Chibi-Pa in order to receive a prize if you win. Winners will only be announced at the convention in November, so make sure to be there!
All questions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and keep writing!